Long have I admired the beauty and taste of a good pina colada, and through my adventures I have discovered both wonderous, and also disastrous pinas. To help other pinas admirers, I have created this handy blog, giving my very own rating of pina coladas in various locations. The journey begins in Frankfurt...

Monday, January 31, 2011

Karin

Karin - a newly discovered place that I had never ventured in before this date! Twas a bitterly cold Friday night after a meal, and a few of us were stumbling through Frankfurt's backstreets nearish Hauptwache, looking for any bar that would welcome at least 7 of us - that's when Karin appeared, tempting us in with its warm cosy lighting. Aaaahhh....BUT...how was the pinas?



















 Karin - 7.40 euros (am I the only one that likes prices rounded up to .50 or a whole number?)

Appearance -  3/5 - I don't approve of the cheap Ikea-style glass - a pinas is more deserving of an elaborate style glass. However, adorning it was a cute slice of orange and a cherry on a stick...wait...orange slice? What's that doing there? Why orange and pineapple together? The two should not mix! A slightly 'weak' layer of foam also. Still, at least they tried, so +1 extra mark for effort!

Taste - 3/5 - Very pineapply, hits you like a slap. However it made it almost difficult to drink, causing me to squint and pull a face whilst drinking - slightly troubling for any onlookers, I'd imagine. And what's this...the orange slices flavour is infiltrating my pina....a stealth fruit. Other than that, not bad.

Texture - 2/5 - Watery, like so many pinas...why ice, why. It was thin...like my patience with this drink.

Finish - 3/5 - 'Normal' - very pineapply, as mentioned, no memorable aftertaste other than that.

Overall - 3/5 - Deeply average. Praise or insult? Both. :) But Karin is a nice cute little place.

No comments:

Post a Comment